1961 Marked Last Swivel Seats

There were very few swivel seat cars in 1961. A good friend of mine had a '61
Crown Convertible that had them. I suspect that the Shriner Cars were all
identically equipped.

Interesting story on that, originally the seats were set up to swivel
automatically when the doors were opened. It was discovered that people were
sometimes ejected from the car if the doors came open during an accident, so
many of them were reconfigured at the dealer to only swivel when the lever was
operated. A few cars survived with the original mechanism still intact.

Paul