78 NYB STILL ROUGH RUNNING

Hello list,
    After having my carb rebuilt by a carb shop that
has always done well before, the mechanic there
insists that there are no vacuum leaks he can find and
that he suspects the rough running to be an electrical
problem.  The plugs, sparkplug wires, distributor,
etc. were recently checked and wires and plugs
replaced(by a different mechanic).
   Is there a way to check the lean burn computer to
see if it is working properly?  The car randomly and
sporadically loses power and/or knocks terribly at 50
to 70 mph, then after a few seconds or after I back
off the gas and step back on  it, power returns to
normal and knocking stops.  I'm not talking about
knocking on hard acceleration, which it normally
doensn't do.  Also, at low speed coasting, hitting the
gas occasionally causes a popping out the intake of
the carb.  Sometimes is blows off the air intake hose
attached to the horn of the air cleaner assembly.
     Seems like I need to go over the electrical
system another time.  Greatfully accepting comments.

Thanks
Bruce S