Disassemble/Reassemble

Hi All!...I know many of the IML members have done 'restoration' work on
their vehicles to some degree or another over the years. I was wondeering if
anyone out there had come across any special ways to best keep track of what
you were taking apart so that when the time came you would be able to put it
back together again....with not 'extra' pieces left over!!!
I am looking into maybe getting what is called 'micro-video' recorder pickups
(camera's) which can be tied into a regular VCR type of recording. I'm still
checking the internet for gadgets & gizmos that might make it easier to
figure out how to put things back together agin once  I have them apart so if
anyone has anything in the way of "their 2 cents" I would really appreciate
it. Feel free to email me directly (dan.donna.m@xxxxxxx) if you want instead
of tying up the IML crew....though I wouold guess that there are others who
would also like to know how other IML members have handled the
ASSEMBLE/DISASSEMBLE predicament.
Thanks all!!!
and Happy New Year!!
Dan Melnik