the moderns

Ouch! as a bean counter who runs a buisness that hurt!
There are lots of reasons for the "quality issues" of
todays cars But to be fair (and I love the old
ones)the thinner metal and plastic cars built today
with engineered crush zones, airbags,etc are safe cars
that go a long way with no required maint.(my wife's
97 chrysler has rolled 100K and only needed tires and
brakes)few if any of the older car can claim these
types of worry free runs.True they are mostly shapless
globs but chrysler is doing neat things with thier
cars ie pacifica, prowler, pt crusier and ect. SO
there are some foresighted beancounters out there.
Thou true enough none of the new designes will ever
again match the art of the old imperials;