Swivel Seats and Stainless Steel

I was fortunate to be able to frequently ride in an aforementioned '61
convertible w/a replacement swivel seat that had come out of another '61
Imperial. The benefit of the manual swivel seat was minimal for the effort
needed to make them work. Had there been a simple safety latch installed to
allow operation only with the key in the Off position, incorporating a
subsequent lash mechanism to allow the door to open w/o breaking the
openning cable when latched, it would have been a more successful device.

On the brightwork front, the '63 Imperial brochure describes that
"Chromework is plated with two layers of nickel of differing alloy, before
the final chrome layer is applied. Even stainless steel brightwork is a
special alloy developed to resist tiny pits that destroy the luster."
http://www.imperialclub.org/Yr/1963/Brochure/Page13.jpg
In the 'Automotive Topics' article on the '63 Imperials,
http://www.imperialclub.org/Articles/63Topics/index.htm
it is mentioned, "Higher grade stainless steels are used on exterior trim
parts on the 1963 Imperial to improve life and appearance."
In the 1972 Chrysler brochure at http://www.fuselage.de/chr72/72chr02b.jpg
it is noted, "we're using a new micro-cracked chrome plating process on some
exterior chrome."

So, who can define 'micro-cracked'?

Eric
'63 Crown Four-Door