Future - was: Vinyl tops & floor wax

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year,

One thing to know about Future is that it's not wax at all, but a clear
acrylic. It's more like paint than anything else. I use it a lot, but
not on my floors. I build plastic models and Future has many uses, such
as achieving a perfectly glossy coat and hiding scuffs and scratches on
canopies and windows and such, and as a base for decals.

It will yellow somewhat over time but really you'd only notice it on
white. Another member said he had difficulty getting it off of his car:
I don't know if he used ammonia or not, but that is what will remove
Future even after it's dry.

I used Future to help out my tail and parking light lenses (plastic on
my '65). The were crazed pretty badly. I wet sanded them with
progressively finer sandpaper until they were almost glossy, then
applied a coat of Future with one of those sponge detail brushes for
doing house trim. They're not perfect but much, much better and they've
held up for several years.

Best,
John Meyer
Tucson