A good new year to all

My computer fritzed on 12/26/03.  Being an Imperialist I followed my usual tack and had it rebuilt rather than replacing it.  In the week or so I was away, the list generated some 450 messages.  What a fine thing this this is.  I buzzed through the backlog pretty fast but it was noticable that almost all the messages were cordial in tone, and despite one brief meander into a subject not Imperial related, most were on point.  I doubt if the good folks who started this list could hve imagined how successful it was going to be.

My outlook for Imperial activity is mighty bleak for this year.  The museum is going to try to sell its all but abandoned 1973 and "my" 1958 is in pretty poor shape.  I won't be driving it again until I have rebuilt the engine.  A whole bunch of obstacles are in my path to this task, not the least of which is money to pay for parts and whatever labor I cannot do myself.  But I remain confident that it will get done within the year.  I certainly hope so.

I hope that eveyone else is getting to enjoy their Imperial and that it gives you as much pleasure as mine does me, despite everything.

Hugh