coupe vs. hardtop: in 1967

>  As a fellow 67 Crown Coupe owner I am curious how
> you would compare the
> Coupe to your previous hardtop ? Are the buckets
> better than the bench?. Is
> the Coupe quieter?

Its hard to compare the coupe to my old hardtop since
the coupe is in much better condition.  The windnoise
is much less- I would say almost as good as a modern
car.  Both cars rode about the same, and the seats in
both are excellent.  The split bench in my hardtop
might have had a bit more support than the coupe's
buckets, but the buckets hold you better during hard
cornering (exhibit A: state road 2222 in Texas, just
west of Austin!).  Overall, I like the look of the
coupe's interior better than all save maybe the
LeBaron, but the "sportiness" (if a 5000 pound car can
ever be deemed "sporty") of the coupe is the real
appeal to me- that and the sheer extravagance of
having such a massive car with only 2 entrances.  B-]

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

One point eight litres
Stromberg carburators sing