After-market Power Doors locks

On the day after Christmas I had the pleasure of installing an after-market
key-fob actuated power door lock system on my 16 year-old son's daily
driver, a 1967 T-Bird ForDoor Landau.  I got the system components from a
local stereo shop.  I was told that it could be purchased as a kit, but they
could sell me the components of the kit for less.  I purchased the radio
receiver unit with two key fobs, two relays, and four motors for the door
locks in each door to replace the original vacuum actuated lock motors.  The
total cost for the system was $125.00, tax included.  The receiver unit came
with a small booklet that had good instructions and circuit diagrams,
although they were somewhat directed towards technicians that install these
units on a daily basis.  It took my son and I about 10 hours to install the
system, but a large amount of the time was spent removing and re-installing
the interior.  Most of the interior had to be removed since the doors on
this car open in suicide fashion.  Therefore, the complete rear seat area
had to be removed in order to route the wiring back up toward the dash.  If
I can help anyone with specific questions, please let me know.  It was a
pretty simple and enjoyable job and it was a great excuse to spend some
quality wrench time with my son.

Randy McCraw
rpmccraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1965 Crown