62 Imp bumper jack

Throw the bumper jack away...they are dangerous to use.  Get yourself a bottle jack or a jack that is used by most mechanics...the kind you pump up, sort of a hydraulic jack..I don't know its correct nomenclature but they are much safer to use. I've seen them for sale recently at Costco's for about $35...well worth the cost.  As for the lug wrench,  I use a socket wrench with a bar for leverage, it works much better.  Now, I don't know about your car but the lugs on my Imperial have a reverse thread on the left wheels, something to remember.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 4:59 AM
Subject: IML: 62 Imp bumper jack

About a year ago, my wife, Gloria saw this 62 4DR/HT Crown at our local car show and bought it on the spot.  We call her (the car) "Prom Queen" because my wife graduated in 62.

The spare tire is one of the original tires and it has a bumper jack that came with it.  I never had the chance to really inspect it until I had to use it the other day while going a complete brake job.  (that's another story)

Anyway the jack does not work and it useless.  I'm looking for a bumper jack for the car, plus the lug wrench  Does anyone have a spare I can buy?

Tom & Gloria, Coral Gables, FL
30 Model A Roadster
49 Packard
50 Packard