'60 rear drums are stuck! PATIENCE!

I have always managed to get the drums off without heat. I have six cars with
these axles, and had them all apart several times over the last 30 years. The
keyword here is patience.

One thing that I really liked about Sherwood's post was the idea of applying
the pressure (assuming that you in fact are using the correct type of puller)
and walking away from it for an hour or two. Not only does this give the puller
time to do it's job, but it also keeps one from becoming over-zealous and
damaging the car or themselves.

Paul