Tufted Pile Carpet for '59 Imperials

Kurt,

Unfortunately, the correct carpet for your car in not available from any
vendor that I know of, and we have discussed this topic before.  Richard
Burgess of the IML has looked high and low for the correct carpet for his
1960,and it's just not out there.  You will have to settle for the modern
"fuzzy" pile carpet or switch your carpet over to loop pile.  If you are
replacing all your carpet, the loop looks more correct, as it is an
authentic period carpet, even though it was not used in Imperials.  The big
carpet company in Alabama that manufactures most of the auto carpet in this
country does not (at least not when I did my car) have the pattern for the
'59 Imperial carpets.

Good luck,

Rex Crews   '59 and '60 Crowns/ '61 Custom