Pulling Engines/Nobody Could be This Stupid!

Pulling Engines/Nobody Could be This Stupid!

There sure hasn't been any shortage of suggestions on how and what to do. I'd
say that, no matter how you do it, the most important thing is safety, not the
engine or the car. Use the right tools, and follow instructions. Also, have a
buddy there to watch. The best way to do this is in a garage that is all set up
to do it in the first place. Obviously, since few of us have that, we end up
renting tools that we are not use to handling, and working in our own garages.

What ever you do, DON'T DO THIS: Over 20 years ago a friend and I decided to
pull the engine out of the car. He had done it "many times before". He used a
"come-along" and a rope thrown over a rafter in his garage. The engine was
undone, lifted out of the car, and the car was pushed out of the way. One
minute later the engine hit the floor with a loud BANG! It could have killed us
both. We managed to save the engine, but no matter what, if some one had been
hurt, it wouldn't have been worth it. True story...

Paul