80's Imperials

Upon my first reading the email I was going to write that I must truly be crazy for loving the 80's Imperials but now I see there are many others as well.  I absolutely love these cars, and just got back from picking an 81 up in Nebraska that I bought off ebay.  I also had an 82 once before back in 85 which I loved, so I am excited to have one once again.  I heard from a cadillac collector one time that the 81-83 Imperial was said to be the only car that would become a classic out of the 80's and I believe that to be true.

I just drove this car from Nebraska to San Francisco stopping off in Denver and Salt Lake City,  and then down home to Long Beach(south of LA) and had no trouble whatsoever.  The car is in bad need of a paint job, it is currently very dull grey, and I know it won't be original but I am going to paint it a "candyapple red", it may match the red crystlas in the tires.  I actually had a dream a while back that I had one in that color so I guess I am going to be making a dream come true at least.  I think with those sleek lines and front and back it will look fantastic that color.  The interior is near perfect, just needs some new leather in the drivers seat which is getting done first.  I am just so glad to actually have a start to my Imperial collection.  It will be nice to be able to show up at a show with a car now  rather than just looking.  I still want a 74 and 61 Crown 4-door.  On the one I just bought, does anyone have any advice on changing out the am/fm/CB  to a stereo like I had in my other one that instead had a casette?  The CB was probably a cool idea at the time, but not as practical today.

By the way- did anyone else notice that the nice 74 on ebay sold for $6850.00 yesterday?
Quite a high price for that car.

Thanks to everyone for all your inspiration!

Mark
81 Imperial
65 T-Bird
89 Town Car