57 Custom Imperial Lebaron/ 296 Hemi

> Check out the '57 on e-bay right now.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2457222527
> &category=43905
>
> Not for the purists in the group to be sure.  Better than being used in
> a derby.  I don't know why it is missing the back door handles, though.

Gasp!!! Where does one start?  What a great "custom" job!  Not only is all
the chrome removed, for the paint job he can no longer be bothered to do
himself one presumes, but the engine is a highly unusual 296 Hemi.  An
unwarranted fate for a Le Baron sedan.

May I be the first to say that lowering this car was a really stupid idea.
They are low enough already.  It might have been nice if the seller had
included pictures of the engine and trunk, but the lack thereof leads me to
suspect even greater indignities lurk within.

It has been said one of the greatest sins in the old car hobby is to own a
classic that you ignore and just allow to rot.  I'd argue this is very, very
close to that position, if not worse.  A wretched hatchet job that now even
the owner cannot be bothered completing.  Maybe zero bids and the $8,000
minimum passes for a joke in Newport Beach, California.  Lets see who gets
the last laugh.

Hugh