80's Imperials

A CB antenna is a completely different animal from a standard radio antenna.
If you look at the right side back of your radio, you'll see there are two
interface cables there.

One goes to the conventional radio antenna, with the typical plug in
connector with the long central probe sticking out of a high impedance metal
cable end, about 5/16 inch in diameter.

The other is the CB receptacle cable, which ends in a 9/16 inch diameter
female screw on coaxial connector.  This is a "UHF" connector.  These are
impedance matched 50 ohm cables, and must go to a special antenna designed
only for this type of receiver.  Any CB antenna you buy will fit this
receptacle, and will work fine.  I bought one from Radio Shack which slips
over the top edge of the glass in the passenger door.  They work just fine
that way.  The radio will play normally and monitor the CB band for traffic
on your selected channel, then break in to the normal programming if there
is a message for you.  Really, quite a nice feature.  The only problem with
my setup is the extra cable across the passenger floor - my wife doesn't
really complain, but it looks tacky to me.

The original antenna supplied with these radios had both types of antenna
incorporated in a very clever dual purpose antenna, which came with both
interface cables to plug into the radio's receptacles.  These are now
scarcer than hen's teeth - that's why I don't have one!

Dick Benjamin (who in an earlier life used to design this stuff for a
living).