Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 10:42 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 80's Imperials

I just received a compliment on my '83 Imperial.  The younger mechanic at
the shop where my car has been sitting came out to ask if I did my own work
on the car and told me "that's a NIIIIICE car." It came as quite a shock
considering the fact that my car has been sitting on the lot for the last 5
months with a flat left rear, the front seats all torn up and the paint
peeling off the roof. I guess the kid just has taste.

Does anybody know what cars came with a spacesaver spare that will fit the
Imperial?  When I went to change my flat I took out the correct jack, the
correct lug wrench, the fancy spare tire well cover and when I went to put
the tire on...wrong bolt circle. Seemed like it came off a GM. Good thing I
never got a flat while it was running.

Rob