Broken Handle '53 Imperial

Greetings Folks!
Just ran into a new problem. My outside rear right door handle won't operate to open the door.  It makes all the right moves when I pull on the handle, it just won't actuate the mechanism.  The inside door handle works perfectly to actuate the mechanism.  Any suggestions as to the problem and solution?
Thanks
Quint