From: Carl F.
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 7:02 PM
Subject: RE: IML: Non Functioning heater/AC in my 67 Imperial

Kent & Sally,

Do you get any heat at all once the button is pushed & the temp bar is all the way to the right? (once the car is warmed up & in motion, you should feel at least a 'trace' of heat directed to the floor. When you hit the A/C button, does the compressor engage? If not, you may have a simple vacuum leak to the control head or a bad electrical connection.

On my '67 Crown Coupe, I found that ALL switches (esp the dash switches) were quite dirty, so I took out each one & cleaned them with tuner cleaner (Radio Shack, etc) & now everything works as it should!

Before attempting to remove the panel switch, spray a bit into the switch opening, then gently turn the switch "on-off" a few times...this may do the trick. If not, removing the A/C cluster is simple, really.

Let me know.

Carl

Learn how to choose, serve, and enjoy wine at Wine @ MSN. ----------------- http://www.imperialclub.com ----------------- This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm