Electrical Part ID and purpose

That's the low fuel sensor. It activates the "Check Gauges" light on
the instrument panel when the fuel gauge reads between "E" and
about a 1/4.

John

salsender wrote:

Hi all;While working on my 67 Imperial I noticed a electrical part under the dash with a broken wire. I removed the part will try to fix it or replace it. The part is # 2661 520 over # 55567, and at the bottom is # 2996. There are four wires to the unit. Grn wire to the lamp, two dark blue to the IND and Tank, and a broken L. Blue wire to the Ign. There is also an arrow that indicates UP. Why? What does this part do? The wire broke off where it attaches to the circuit board rivet. Circuit board appears fine. Can anyone help fix, replace, or make recommendation on how to fix it.Kent& Sally67 Imperial 4dr ht