Battery issue - boiling, smelling like rotten eggs

Theres a dead short,disconect the battery.Need more information,was it charging high the hole time you drove it,or was it discharging.Ken or I440toyou
----- Original Message -----
From: SFSurfDude@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 12:14 AM
Subject: IML: Battery issue - boiling, smelling like rotten eggs

Hello All...
Today I took my 64 Crown Coupe on a 120 or so mile freeway trip. On the return trip I noticed a rotten egg smell while driving, I was sure it wasnt my car and pay much attention to it.
10 or so mile later after getting home I opened the hood just to check if everything was OK. I found the battery smoking from the filler hole area (with the covers still on) and that smell again. I could hear it boiling inside as well, now some 5 hours later its still warm to the touch and its 35 or so degrees outside.
Any ideas on what is going on to c

Regards,
Patrick Williams
High Desert, Southern California