She's here!!!

Just letting everyone know that my 1960 LeBaron Sedan is now residing in Sydney Australia. I touched an Imperial for the very first time.

She arrived last Monday at 1 am, released by customs on Wednesday, taken to Quarantine on Thursday where I assisted to unpack her from her container. People came from all over the holding yard to "inspect her". "Has to be a Plymouth" was one comment. Everyone loved her and so they should. Getting her out of the container was a nightmare. The container is 20 foot long and only about 2 foot wider than the vehicle.

Quarantine held her till Friday afternoon as she needed to be cleaned. I had her cleaned in the States before shipping however the job was not up to our quarantine standards and they washed and scrubbed her for 7 hours - yes that's right 7 hours. Australia has some very very strict Quarantine regulations. Every nook and cranny was cleaned. I towed her home and left her while I flew to South Australia for my eldest son's wedding. Yesterday I started on her.

So far I have removed radiator hoses, sprayed all rust areas which are minimal and hooked up a battery to test the electricals. Both outside headlights work, inside headlights do not - high beam pedal makes no difference. Parking lights work. Left hand blinkers front and rear work. Right side do not. Stop light does not work. Number plate light works. Window wipers work. Only the right hand side front small window works. Central locking works. Seats do not. Lights on radio work - radio does not. Lights behind heater buttons work. Lights behind gear change buttons do not. Foot brake release handle light blinks when peddle depressed. lighters work front and rear. All instrument lighting works. Outside rear view mirror works. Boot light does not. Arial does not work

Brakes do not work which is to be expected. Today I will attempt to free the plugs. They were very tight yesterday so I sprayed all 8 liberally with WD40. I will also remove the belts and oil filter, petrol filter and airfilter and see if I can replace them today. I have a view to starting the engine next week. She has not been started for 8 years so I want to make sure I don't rush things.

That's just a very quick rundown on her at the moment. A more in depth story of how I found and bought her and brought her down under will follow. It was a very unique experience which I would like to share with you all.

All the best

Larry Blomberg
(1960 LeBaron Sedan - finally in my driveway)

Yahoo! Greetings
Send your love online with Yahoo! Greetings - FREE!