68 ATC heat and air

Hi All 67& 68 Imperial owners and list
I think I might have solved my problem with the broken vacuum ends on the unit in the passengers side kick panel.
I was going to try to glue the plastic fittings back on when I got an idea here is what I did.
Instead of doing that I took out the unit and removed the cover.
Then I numbered all the hoses and the same ones on the plugs that go on the fitting.
Then I removed the hoses out of the rubber grommets that held the hoses.
Then I used new vacuum connectors and reattached the vacuum lines.
And now I do not have any lines that are unhooked.
As soon as I get the valve covers back on and restart the engine I will let you know if this fix worked and if my heater works again.
Bob
68 Imperial convertible