Spring is in the air

Spring is in the air here in Austin and I decided to fire up the Imperial for the first time since last Oct.  I primed the carb with a few pumps, then turned the key on the '67 and, after a not too unreasonable number of cranks of the starter, it fired right up!  Idle took a short while to smooth out (hey, I don't idle to well when I wake up from a long nap either).  Once things were operating at normal temps, I put the top down and went for a short drive.  I just love this car.  I was laid off early last year, so my plans for a "drivers" cosmetic restoration were put on hold.  I just started a new job a short while ago and hope to have the rust attended to and new paint as well.  It might be better to just find rust free fenders and rear quarters than try to salvage mine.  Money will still be tight for quite some time.  I did manage to accumulate some nice replated chrome pieces over time and have switched many of them out with the original, somewhat pitted ones on my car.& nbsp; In one of the "package deals", I ended up with rechromed threshold plates for a 4 door.  My convertible is, of course, a two door... so I have no need for the like-new, shiny threshold plates.  If anyone is interested then I'll consider offers and mail out pics.  I'd say that they look very good, but I doubt that the chrome job was top quality... they look fantastic to me, much better than those in my car right now.  I'm not interested in making a fortune on these; I'd rather just see that they get a new home and bring a smile to someones face.

Also, any recommendations for a choke for my Carter?  I ran screaming from my Holley for the last time last Spring and dropped in an nice new 750cfm Carter.  Not slamming Holley's here, it's just that they don't seem to like me, and not the other way around.  My Carter currently has no choke and one will definitely be necessary soon.  Electric or manual? Where on earth do I get one?  Thanks, Greg

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free!