64 Crown Coupe Fan/waterpump pulley fiasco

64 Crown Coupe Fan/waterpump pulley fiasco

Patrick,
You have the procedure down! One or both of those bolt holes end in the water jacket and will actually leak coolant when removed, so you might as well drain the system. Once you get the broken piece out, chase the threads with a tap and put some plumber's grease or never-sieze in the hole and on the end of a new grade 8 bolt. Then be sure to use coolant with anticorrosion protection.

Roy
67 Crown FDHT