83 EFI heater malfunction

List,
Lately, My heater has been screwing up. Several times lately, it warms up just fine, then all of a sudden, the warm goes away and it blows cool air. No amount of adjusting the Temp. contol lever will solve the problem. I believe it is the "Semi-automatic" heater system. I have checked the coolant level and it is OK, The thermostat and Rad. cap were new two years ago. Any ideas?
Leo H.
'83 EFI