octane booster and price of gas

This is an interesting thread. I have used lead additive and octane booster
in my 65 Crown. I have not noticed any improvement. Max octane is 91 here.
It has developed a noticeable ping and knock. I don't drive the car much so
it may be carbon build up. I am going to install the recommended Autolites
as noted to see if there is improvement along with other suggestions.

On another note, I have taken the car to have new leaf springs and shocks
installed.The garage is Concord Safety Center, which specializes in
suspension work. If they do a good or bad job I will so post for owners
located in SF bay area (east bay) needing this type of work.

Mark T. Boehme
65 Crown
925-671-3160
mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx