1960 question

Just like grilles and bumpers, trim and nameplates vary from year to year.

In 1958 all base and Crown models had "Imperial" in script on the front
fenders.  Crown models had small crowns attached while the LeBaron had a
"LeBaron" medallion.

In 1959 the Custom and Crown models had "Imperial" in block letters on the
front fenders while the :LeBaron had "LeBaron" in script.

For 1960, Custom and Crown models had "Imperial" in script on the front
fenders.  Crown models added "Crown" in small block letters while the
LeBaron had  "LeBaron" in script.

1961 Imperial Custom and Crown models again had "Imperial" in script on the
fronit fenders with the Crown adding a crown.  LeBaron models had "LeBaron"
medallion on the C pillar.
.
Just think how boring it would be if every year used the same nameplates and
medallions.  Would not need to spend all that time researching what was
correct ansd tracking down the correct item.

Biggest problem with determining what was or was not installed on a car at
the factory is what previous owners did to the car from the time it was
built until today.  Many people change or add trim, either due to accidents
or personal choice.  With small parts, such as crowns and individual
letters, the small spiikes used to hold the item in place often break and
the item falls off.   And people add things in the belief it looks better
than what the factory installed.

There is a fellow here in B.C. that has added the gold-tone "Chrysler"
script from the front fenders of a 1962 Chrysler to his 1968 Chrysler 300
and his 1953 Chrysler New Yorker.   The cars look flawless and appear to be
factory fresh - except for the additional nameplates.

Bill
Vancouver, BC