She's your baby now

Ah, good old Bill Morrissey.  (My musical references get more obscure.)
Anyhoo, I took the 58 Imperial to the shop yesterday.  The foreman did not
look thrilled to have it thrust upon him by the owner.  I just about begged
him to remember to swap out the old oil filter canister with a spin on type
while the engine was out.  I don't think his eyebrows could have gone any
higher without leaving his head.  "Remove the engine?"  I mean its not like
he does not have a fleet of trucks to keep running or anything.  The actual
mechanic was there too and he was taking a lot of notes, which really
impressed me.  When was the last time that happened while you were telling
one what you thought was wrong and what you had tried already to fix it.

I showed them the peculiarities of the car.  I was asked where the park
position was and how to release the brake.  I was asked where the traffic
indicator switch was.  Oh boy, are these guys in for some fun.  I forgot to
take them the factory service manual, or the address for Hot Heads Hemi,
which will probably be their best bet for the rebuild kit and the spin on
filter.  Regrettably, the car is losing transmission fluid too, but I don't
know where from.  At this, they had to wonder about their bosses sanity in
agreeing to take this job on, and for free, to me, too.

I will swing by next week, to give them the book.  I don't know when I will
be getting the car back.  They have worked on several of our vehicles
before, but none has been as complex or unusual as the 58 Imperial.  It will
be very interesting to see how they cope with it.  The mechanic looked like
a calm sort of guy.  Its just a car that needs to be fixed to him.  By the
end of this he may either have gained respect for it, or contempt.  Either
way, I believe, from past experience, they will do the very best job
possible.

Hugh