Power steering pump/resevoir interchange??? DONT DRILL THAT BOLT!!!!

Power steering pump/resevoir interchange??? DONT DRILL THAT BOLT!!!!

 Yo Surfer Dude,
I have seen many good engine parts destroyed by people
trying to drill a broken bolt out.  I would think
twice before doing this.  There are many other options
to try before this last drastic step.  If you can get
the part with the broken bolt on the bench, do so.  If
not remove all thing around it to get  better access
to the bolt.  First was the bolt too long and bottomed
out in the hole?  If not try a flat screw driver to
back it out.  Just push on the bolt with the blade and
turn it to the left.  If it is rusted or bottomed use
a small cutting chisel to start it, then use the screw
driver. I have my best luck with the chisel.  I made
one specifically for this task.  Using a small 1/8
inch pin punch.  I ground down one side to a chisel
shape.  I then use that to place against the top half
of the broken bolt.  Lefty loosey is the rule.
Counter clockwise start the bolt turning in the hole.
Then use the screw driver to get it the rest of the
way out.  If this won't work and there is a shank of
the bolt sticking out, place a nut on it and weld the
center.  The heat will help loosen the bolt and the
nut gives you something to put a wrench on.  If this
stuff fails then drill.  (I hate to say that!!!!) Good
luck S Dude
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaaa

--- jsadowski <jsadowski@xxxxxxx> wrote: > I don't
think these will intrechange. They should
> interchange from 60- 67 & perhaps 68. The one you
> need has a large straight slot in the front of the
> pulley.
>       Try flushing the trans fluid out & refill with
> power steering fluid with sealer conditioner in
> it.If the leak isn't too bad, this may do the job or
> at least slow it down. Worth a try before spending
> $$
> John

=====
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa