power steering pump

If you go to the later model Saginaw pump (which is smaller than the Federal pump that has the large, round tube on the top of the circular section of the reservoir), you'll probably need to change the pump mounting brackets too.  Your pump mounting might have also been the "torque reaction" mounting brackets that had rubber bushings in them too.  What that particular mounting did, which is pure genius, was let the power steering pump belt be adjusted a little looser, but when you put a load on the pump (i.e., when parking or holding the wheel against the linkage stops), the pump would lean into the belt via the mounting bracket's rubber bushings and tighten the belt so it would not squeal.  Really quite neat to watch it happen!

Unfortunately, as the cars and rubber aged, the bushings would deteriorate (also hastened by tightening the belt too tight also) and the pump would sit on the engine whooperjawed, but still work as designed.  The fix "back then" was to weld the bracket pivot solid and do away with that neat feature that only Chrysler would come up with.  If adjusted correctly, the bushings lasted a good while and the power steering belts lasted seemingly forever.  By about 1968, that special pump mounting system was replaced with normal brackets, though.

I suspect that as long as you change the brackets with the pump and the belt pulley lines up, AND the fittings on the hoses match, things would probalby work OK.  No need to change the hoses after having ATF in them unless they leak now, from my experience

Hope this helps,
W Bell