IML DIGEST

The power steering preassure hose is hard to mess up. They are made special for
your car, so when you buy one it is usually going to be made out of the right
stuff.

The return hose is just a length of hose that LOOKS like regular old  heater
hose, but isn't. I think it may be 5/8" but I can't remember. The size is easy
enough to check, the point is, get the correct kind of hose by explaining that
it is for the power steering. They may sell you fuel line, which should be
okay, only more expensive, as long as it is the correct size. Heater hose
doesn't work.

You need a press to remove and re-install the pulley. If you don't have the
tools, why not just buy a rebuilt one with the pulley already on it. If you
have to buy a rebuilt one without the pulley, take it and your old pump to a
machine shop and they will put your old pulley on the new pump for you.

If the seals are shot it is probably time to replace the pump anyway. I had one
fail that never leaked a drop, or made a sound. It just quit working.

Paul