Drove my car home today...

Phil,

My car was gone through pretty well before I bought it. It has the Mopar
Performance sure-grip with a 2.94 gear for the stock 8 1/4.  I believe that
is what the M-body (Diplomat) cop cars used. It's a pretty nice compromise.
The car is so heavy that it's no rocket, but it moves out pretty well and
isn't spinning to tight on the highway.  I may eventually go to 3.55 from a
Dakota depending on if I ever add overdrive or change the way I use the car.

Rob

>From: "Philip Brust" <pbrust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Rob-
>
>Did you change the gearing in the axle? I recall Dick posting the axle
>ratio
>for the 80's Imperials: 2.21:1 or something close. I've come to the
>conclusion that nothing I do to the engine will make much difference unless
>I change the rear-end.
>
>Phil Brust
>73 & 82 Imperial

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – download MSN Toolbar now!