Homeward bound

Hello List,
Well, Mike and Melissa Howlett's '59 Crown should be home in Boring Oregon by this time. Here's what happened yesterday. (waving harp music please) My Bud from work graciously offered to haul Mike's car to Portland, (for a small nominal fee, of course), so we headed down to Prosser, Wa where the car was sitting on the lot waiting to be taken to it's new home. We got there about 12:10 as we had told the owner of the "lot" we would be, only to find a sign on the door, "b bak sune". About 20 minutes later he comes "bak" and gives us the keys, title, and a map to Mike's place in Boring. A few pumps of the gas pedal, a turn of the key, and the 413 fired on all 8. No smoke, no knocking, just a nice mellow tone coming from the dual exhausts. We pulled the car around and lined it up with the trailer, and started up the ramps. After a few tries, adjusting boards and ramps here, adding 2x6's there, running out of gas on the ramps, battery almost drained from cranking it, we got the 2-1/2 ton green land yacht up on the trailer. There it sat, up on it's pedestal, so to speak, for all to see. And see, they did. We started down the highway the 15 miles back to work, every motorist me met coming back, and the ones that passed us,were straining to get a look at the big green monstrosity behind us on the trailer. My Bud left Sunnyside, Wa for Boring Oregon to unite the '58 with it's new family around 5:30 last night. I can't wait to hear how they got that low slung beast, or should I say beauty, with it's original low profile white letter tires and the interior made from Walter P Chryslers office curtains off the trailer. Mike and Melissa should be heading this way this weekend, and I'll get to hear the rest of the story.

Clint Carter
'59 Crown
aka "Laurie's Pink Lady"