Stuck Bolt & Broken Bolt on fan pulley - the end (for now)

Stuck Bolt & Broken Bolt on fan pulley - the end (for now)

Hello All...
This is what I tried to remove the stuck bolt on the pulley: Beside all the things I mentioned before in prior postings, I went and purchased a torch outfit with acetylene and oxygen. Together with my heat shields and wet rag I set out to heat the remaining bolt on the pulley so I could finally get to the broken bolt. I heated the block portion where the thread are and nothing happened, no explosion and the bolt would not come loose.
As a last ditch effort I decided to weld the end of the bolt to the pulley with the old belt tightened so as to freeze it in place until I could get the car down to the valley to have a metal disintegrator remove the bolts. That didn't work either, Im sure it was for the best anyway.
What I ended up doing was using a grade 8 bolt with a washer and two nuts in the slot to the left of the broken bolt. With the broken bolt in position to hold the pulley and the new bolt in place causing tension in the remaining gap it is holding the pulley in place for now.
I have tested it, thus far it seems all right. I will be keeping an eye on it for the long run, so to speak. I think It may be possible to hold out for three months until the rebuild. I can then just take the block down at that time. Well, see...

Regards

Patrick Williams

High Desert, Southern California
65 Ford F 350 Super Duty Dually