Suicide doors

Today a gentleman stooped me and asked what happened to the suicide doors on my 65 imperial. He said that his family had owned them for years. I was unaware that there were suicide doors on imperials I thought it was only the Lincoln's. Is this correct and if it is what years and models were they? Any input is grateful

Thanks
JR
65 Crown Imperial