Suicide doors

That is correct. Doors that open in such a way that if they were ajar and the
car was moving, that the wind could catch and open them, are in fact called
suicide doors. I don't think anyone actually committed suicide in this way, but
it could be said that opening the door while the car was in motion would be
"like committing suicide". This was since the wind would pull the door off the
car, and possibly the passenger along with it, if they hung onto the door
handle. Lincolns and four door Thunderbirds in the '60s had a door ajar warning
light for this reason.

In the '30s, some cars had the front doors opening in this way while the rear
ones were conventional. Were any '30s Chryslers or Imperials set up this way?
I'll have to take a look in my old "70 Years of Chrysler" book.

Paul