Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 5:52 PM
Subject: IML: 1953 brakes

i have sent this post in twice and have not seen it on the site. i will try once more, but it is rather long and i do not type very well. i finally took my 53 imperial out on the road. at first everything seemed fine. then the brakes started to not work properly and the car would barely stop, even at low sped. the brakes felt like they were not grabbing. i put a rebuilt booster in last fall and the car has not been driven except in my yard and not often. i called the rebuilder and he told me if you do not use the booster at least once every 3 weeks it can go bad. this seems illogical to me, does anyone know of this to be true? i was told to check the vacuum, it should be 17 pounds or higher. i just got a guage so i will check that as soon as i can. the rebuilder said he will redo it for me if needed since i was not informed about the three week rule. i know that is a nice gesture but the labor involved is something i do not look forward to. any suggestions?  dennis