Suicide doors

Suicide front doors are not that common on Mopar vehicles, but virtually the
whole coporate line had suicide front doors in 1933 and in 1934 on
non-Airflow cars.  Some custom-bodied Imperials prior to 1933 had suicide
front doors, as well.

As for the rear doors, the suicide style was common on closed body styles
until 1949, and after that on the long-wheelbase models.   Mopar 4-door
convertibles generally non-suicide style rear doors.

On  luxury vehicles of the 1930's, custom bodies were common and many of
them had suicide front doors.  Cadillacs had them in the early 1930' and in
fact virtually all 1935 GM models (except most closed Cadillac models) had
them.   For non-Cadillac models, that is the easiest way to tell a 1935 from
a 1936.

Same holds true for Lincoln.  Many custom-bodied Lincolns came with suicide
front doors up to and including 1935.

Packard also had suicide front doors on its custom bodies of the early
1930's, and in 1935 even the production models had them.  Many senior models
continued with them for 1936, although the juniod models dropped them.

As a matter of fact, 1934-35 seems to be the peak for suicide front doors.
Only Willys seems to have avoided the style.

Bill
Vancouver, BC