Mr. Engel's elegant Imperials!

Bill Watson wrote:

"I, too, am a great fan of  Elwood Engel.  Under his leadership some of the
most beautiful Chrysler vehicles were built.  And that includes the most
graceful and elegant Imperials ever built."

Bill, the  last statement of your post summed up my sentiments EXACTLY regarding Mr. Engel's designs.  I first saw these beautiful vehicles ('64 models) on The Beverly Hillbillies t.v. show when I was eight years old in the fall of '63!  I was as smitten as a kid could get with the new styling of these cars!  Black or dark blue ones reminded me of a limousine!  The next year brought the tempered glass covered headlights and the aircraft styled seats.

There was a character on several episodes in the 64/65 season of The Beverly Hillbillies.  That character's name was Dash Riprock (played by actor, Larry Pennell), a rugged movie star wannabe who became Elly May's beau for a while.  He drove a '65 Imperial convertible!  I have named my Sequoia Green '65 convertible 'Dash'!  Those cars were about as elegant as an American car could get in 1965!  As much as I love the earlier and later models (fins to fuselage and beyond), I think the '64 thru '66 design was a real highpoint in Imperial's history!

Just my humble opinion!

Greg McDonnell