Aussie Update

Gidday all

Well just letting you all know that I am thoroughly enjoying playing with the Imp here in Sydney. I have now pretty well stripped out the entire inside bar the dash and instruments.  The lead is out and most of the exterior chrome is off. I have decided to pull the engine and transmission so it will be some time before she roars back into life. The exhaust system is pretty well shot although I haven't checked the mufflers. Can you imagine the noise I would create with the exhaust system the way it is.

Next on the list is to get the rest of the trim off and the bumper bars. I am VERY tempted to pull the body off but am resisting the urge at this stage. We may be moving soon so it would not be wise to go to that extreme while we are moving. I would like to replace all the wiring. I have taken out the radio and sent it off to an old timer to get it going.

Radiator is recored and waiting in a box. All parts which have been taken off are tagged or placed in small zip lock bags and named. I am in the process of seeing a number of trimmers' chromers and spray painters to decide who gets to do what to the Aussie LeBaron.

Still have to check why some things are working and why others are not. Will check out the auto windows soon and the locks. The sending unit in the tank is not working - not sure if it ever will now as it is pretty rusted up. Any thoughts there ? I am working on the petrol tank at the moment.

That's just a very quick run down of what's been going on. Part 2 of my story is up on the site now Thanks Mark - another great job. This part deals with how I brought the Imp to Australia and all the processes I  went through.

Stay Safe

Larry Blomberg
(1960 LeBaron Sedan)