get the silvertowns! Coker is just fine...

get the silvertowns! Coker is just fine...

Hey!!!!

I bought 5 silvertowns from them.  They are great.  Wish that I hadn't bought the warranty (wasted enough to buy another tire), but DON"T get radials!!!  Your car will ride poorly.  The silvertowns are super tires, even the ones from coker.

Call them.  Give them money if the tires are on the shelf.  They ship.  Not much harder than that!!!!

I have them on my 64 right now after pulling them off of my 1960.  I WILL buy more of them from coker and am always admiring how good and original they look.  Your car will look so much better and will ride as the engineers intended.  My 63 had radials and after that I swore never to compromise again.

Good luck.

-Kenyon

imperialman <imperialman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Actually I also have the original Silvertown spare (I think) in the Trunk of my 60.
Though I don't have access to the car  at this moment , I seem to remember  measuring the whitewall and coming up with a odd measurement.
 2-3/8 ,or  thereabouts. The depth of the rim must hide part of the whitewall ?.
Anyway I really didn't give it much thought because I  had planned to order Coker reproduction Silvertowns.
Now after reading a lot of bad things about Coker quality and customer service (from another list) I am considering
Diamondback Radials . They are recommending 3 inch whitewalls, but I am pretty sure that is too wide.
                              Clay