Engine Interchange for '64

Finding an engine common to your '64 should not be a problem. That group of
cars were some of the most popular Imperials ever when they were new. Also,
there seems to be a glut of beat up, cheap '64 and '65 model cars on the market.

>From everything that I know, there is no reason that your '63 engine will not
>bolt right into your '64. The problem with the older cars comes from the
>change in the transmission that occurred in 1962.

1959, 1960, and 1961 will interchange each other without trouble, and '62, '63,
'64, and '65 will interchange. In the later group, the throttle linkage changed
from rods to a cable in '64 (I think), but that should not present any
significant difficulty. The '65 change from the push button shift to a shift
lever should not cause any problem with the engine itself either.

Paul