Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Coker problems

Hello all:
   I currently have a set of Cokers on my 61 Imperial. The problem I have with all four of them is, where the tire bead meets the rim of the wheel, the white wall is breaking and seperating from the tire, as if I have a phoney white wall like the ones that were used many years ago after you would buy a set of black walls and then install the seperate flipper white wall. So far, I am not getting any help from Coker to get it corrected. I bought the tires thru America's Tire Co. in Indio, Calif. We have bought at least 20 sets of tires since they opened about 7 years ago. Still pursuing the matter, but I have a lot of other things of higher priorty, so must get back to this one very soon as I truly love the better ride and control they have over the bias. A bad feature of bias today is mainly from what has been done to the pavement we drive on. Bias was ok, if the freeways were not grooved for water as they do so much for today. The bias follows these grooves constantly. I am sure I probably drive Imperials more than anyone else out here. I recently drove the 61 LeBaron from Calif to Darlington, S.C. and I tow cars on trailers, and parts to shows in utility trailers. I have been at Chryslers at Carlisle and the Mopar Nationals and other shows back East in them with trailers in the past 19 years. The LeBaron has 460,000 miles and I just assembled the engine for another couple hundred thousand. It is going to Denver the 20th of April. My four grandkids love riding in it. The wife wants to take it over her new 300M. That could be a good thing!    Love to all Imperial owners and keep driving those Imperials and the Chrysler Imperials, (pre 55).      Joe Machado