Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 12:35 AM
Subject: IML: Vapor Lock? Diagnosis Please...

Hello Everyone...
I am having problems with my 64 Crown Coupe. Sometimes driving it isnt getting enough fuel, at least I think that is the problem. I have one of those clear glass filters on the fuel line that has a ****  micron filter I can see that it isnt filling up with fuel while running it just sort of flows in there sort of like a trickle. One thing I do see is alot of air space. Im assuming there should be nothing in that line but fuel, solid with no air. Am I wrong?
My engine at times has been stalling out or at least coming close, I restart and it takes reving the engine as its it sputtering to keep it going.
At first I though it was something with the distributor since I put too much lubricant on the shaft. I have since used electric motor cleaner to resolve that, sanded the points a little and regapped them.
With the difficulty in starting and this new unreliability issue Im a bit concerned since tomorrow I have to drive 100 or so miles to get a rooster and a hen for my new hen house.
Any ideas on this fuel thing, Is it vapor lock or something like it?

Regards

Patrick Williams
High Desert, Southern California
65 Ford F 350 Super Duty Dually