8 track vs cd player?

My opinion: what's your opinion?  Seriously though, it's your car.  If
you think you will get more out of the CD player, leave it in there.  If
YOU like the look and sound of the 8-track put it back in.  Don't
reinstall the 8-track if the only reason is to please other people at
car shows.  These people only see your car a few days a year, and will
probably pay more attention to the chevy parked beside it.  The CD
player won't take away from the value of the car, for some buyers it may
even increase it ever so slightly.  With cars of this age, it's not
really the options, or slight modifications that affect the price, it's
the overall condition of the car.  I still have the 8-track player in my
76 NYB, and although I have had the unreliable piece of crap repaired a
few times, I still like the look of it in the dash because the car says
1976 all over it, and the 8-track just completes the picture.  But, it's
my car, and I've done what I want with it.  Do what you want with your car.

James