From: A. Foster
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Actual Current Prices Of 1959 - 1960 Imperial 4 Door Hardtops

Martin;
 I wouldn't worry about one or two Ebay auctions on 59' parts; all it takes is two or three guys to get auction fever and the winner, if he pays up, can wind up paying double what something is worth. On top of that some people enter the wrong bid amount or don't know the proxy bid system is supposed to work, and the odd unscrupulous seller still engages in shill bidding. I have seen some items pop up for auction several times that were supposedly sold, likely for the above reasons.
 The truth being is that most Imperials use the same rear view mirrors as their lesser Chrysler, DeSoto, and sometimes Dodge counterparts. You will find that there are other parts that are interchangable as well.
 The best advice that I can give, and this goes with other things as well, is to buy the most complete and original car that you can find. Contrary to what many might think this can mean a number three rated car or a better number four rated car. I also wouldn't worry about a car that has fancy aftermarket rims, so long as they didn't mess with the drive train or shave the trim and chuck it out. There is an online price guide at this address: www.vmrintl.com/cctm/coll_frame.htm
Unlike some price guides that I have seen they base their values on market research and not a theoretical ideal.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Tailight Bezel and other trim parts.