Hand-holding with Power Steering Pump rebuild?

Hand-holding with Power Steering Pump rebuild?

<<sigh>> I know, I know:  we own classics because we LIKE spending big bucks
on repairsŠ I don't mind, really I don't. And I appreciate the fact that I
have no monthly car payment like most fools with their $23,000
clone-mobiles. BUT I also need a new headliner, new carpet, a new rear
bumper and eventually working AC (a fog-less windshield would be nice too!).
So, if some kind soul out there on this list can tell me it won't hurt if I
take the power steering pump in my '66 Coupe apart myself and install new
seals and that it will work like new, then please help me save some
money....