92 to the dealer

Last week the 92 was backfiring, not a good thing. After much consultation
with myself, I decided a trip to the dealer for diagnosis was in order
rather than parts replacement at random.

As it turned out the major issue was a plug wire. During the $75 diagnostic
check it was determined it needed plugs , wires, O2 sensor and the fuel
filter needed to be replaced probably based on mileage. ( it has 59,000 on
it now)

The total cost for above was in round figures $650 at the dealer. I decided
to do it myself which totaled $175 including paying $75 to dealer for
hooking it up to their diagnostics.

Itmes of note-- I bought the parts at NAPA for less than AutoZone.

AS Dick Benjamin says about the 80's cars applies to all, check the basics
first.

The O2 sensor seem to make a difference in fuel consumpiton, the gauge is
falling a lot slower in these high fuel cost times.

Matt Hopkins
66 Crown
75 Lebaron
92 Imperial --runs smooth great MPG