wheelbase difference

Hi Everybody,
 I was wondering if it's possible to have the wheelbase different on each
side of my '73 LeBaron. There is a 1/2" difference from the driver's side to
the passenger's side. I talked to a good front end mechanic and he told me
that 1/2" is not bad. I just don't know why there is a difference, and is
there suppose to be. Has anybody in the club ever had a situation like this?

Rich Woolf
'66 Crown
'73 LeBaron